- Healthy Eating
- Healthy living routines
- Setting personal growth goals
- Reconnecting with your roots
- Equine Therapy
- Programs for Parents and Family
- Narcotics Anonymous
- Adult Basic Education
- Life skills
- After treatment support
- Daycare/child care
- You set your own goals for your plan
Sacred Wolf Lodge?
Sacred Wolf Lodge is a program within Chief Red Bear Children’s Lodge. We are located on Cowessess First nation serving Cowessess citizens that need time to reset their lives.
If you have been connected to child welfare or are in danger of losing your kids due to concerns with your children – we can help.
Sacred Wolf Lodge is a home for families, mothers and/or fathers and their children. Our goal is to prevent children from being separated from their parents/family. We help create stability and structure, while teaching daily life skills.
We are a 3-6 month program supported by Kokums and Mushums of Cowessess. All our staff are trained Lifeskills Coaches that can guide and mentor you towards your best life. Of course, it is all up to you to take the first step of your journey.
& Traditional Teachings
At Sacred Wolf Lodge, we help our families attend ceremonies, Powwows, round dances, and feasts. We take our families berry picking and to pick medicines when in season.
We also teach ribbon skirt, shirt, and moss bag making; along with the teachings that go along with them. Our families get the opportunities to experience hunting, fishing, and ice fishing. We teach our families about male & female roles in ceremonies and two spirited people.
We incorporate traditional parenting values and lessons into everyday life in order to keep your homefires safe and happy.
Things to Know…
- This is strictly a drug and alcohol free program; which means you may need to attend treatment as a first step before being accepted.
- This is a voluntary program. It is up to you to make the committment.
- Your Child Special Allowance will become part of your budgetting process.
- Your children will be your responsibility to care for throughout the duration of your stay. Sacred Wolf Lodge team is available to provide teachings to create or enhance structure, balance, guidance, and hugs
- We will assist you in finding housing before your stay is completed. Once you have successfully graduated, our team will assist with developing a plan to find a new home to transition out of Sacred Wolf Lodge
- Family Support and Kokum love will continue for up to one year.
We go on outings to various events, beach days, recreational activties offered in the community, and so much more.
The activities we offer express self-awareness through landbased activities, crafts, games, and play.