We will get through this together, one day at a time.
Today news broke of 751 unmarked graves at The Marieval Residential School. Our community is grieving the loss of these children who never made it home, and we will do everything we can to help our family and friends heal from this travesty.
Chief Red Bear Children’s Lodge will be at the Cowessess Mall, open as a comfort/donation centre for all. If you need any support, a person to talk to, or just want company to be around, please join us. There will be Kokums and supports with coffee and food. We will be there Saturday and Sunday from 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm. and Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm.
Please stay tuned and watch out on our social media and website for more memorial and healing opportunities in the upcoming weeks.
“We all inherited this. Nobody today created residential schools. Nobody today created the Indian Act. Nobody today created the ’60’s scoop. But we all inherited it, and we just have to acknowledge that people are healing and people are hurting. Let’s do something about this.” – Chief Cadmus Delorme.
Resources to Access if you are in need of support:
- National Residential School Crisis Line: 1-866-925-4411
- First Nations and Inuit Hope for Wellness 24/7 Help Line: 1-855-242-3310
- Alberta: 1-888-495-6588
- British Columbia: 1-877-477-6588
- Territories: 1-800-464-8106
- Manitoba: 1-866-818-3505
- Saskatchewan: 1-866-250-1529
- Quebec: 1-877-2695
- Ontario: 1-888-301-6426
- Atlantic Provinces: 1-866-414-8111
- Indian Residential School Survivors Society: 1-800-721-0066
- 24 Hour Crisis Line: 1-866-925-4419
- Regina Treaty Status Indian Services: 1-306-522-7494