Hourly Wage Range: $24.50 – $28.00 per hour (commensurate with education & experience)
Type: Permanent Full-Time
Details: Standard of 37.5 working hours per week.
Location: Cowessess First Nation and Regina, SK
Who is Chief Red Bear Children’s Lodge?
Through the organization Chief Red Bear Children’s Lodge (CRBCL), Cowessess First Nation is the first Indigenous community in Canada to assert its jurisdiction over child welfare and family services under the Bill-C92 Canada Act. CRBCL is currently developing its operations, in accordance with the Miyo Pimatisowin Act, which provides support for its children and families in a way that is rooted in traditional Indigenous values and cultural practices.
CRBCL has an opening in our growing team for a Human Resources Assistant who will perform administrative functions and provide support within the Department of Human Resources. Duties will include, but are not limited to, assisting with recruitment efforts, onboarding, offboarding and daily record maintenance. The successful candidate will be a highly organized, detail oriented and reliable administrative professional with exceptional people skills and proficient technology skills. This is a great opportunity to grow your career and contribute to the planning and coordination necessary to help build an HR Department from the ground up. Bring your ideas and talents and help us foster a progressive work culture that embraces the values and traditions of Cowessess First Nation.
Education and Experience
- Human Resources diploma (preferred) or a diploma in Business Administration. Comparable experience in HR or related field may be considered.
- 2 years of experience as an HR Assistant or similar role (preferred).
- Similar combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Understanding of HR competencies and best practices, exposure to Federal Labour Law, and exposure to payroll practices are an asset.
- Highly computer literate with intermediate knowledge of Office 365 applications (Word, Excel, SharePoint, and Outlook) required.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license.
Skills & Abilities
- Able to conduct research, cite sources and report relevant information.
- Excellent technical writing skills to effectively review, modify and prepare general letters, reports and other forms of correspondence materials.
- Openminded, with a willingness to contribute to a growing organization.
- Exudes a professional demeanor and exercises good judgement.
- Committed to maintaining confidentiality.
- Able to work under pressure with tight deadlines and prioritize accordingly.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
To protect the health and safety of our people, clients, and communities, we require all employees to be COVID-19 fully vaccinated. Individuals that cannot be fully vaccinated with a Health Canada approved vaccine due to medical reasons or another protected ground under Human Rights Legislation may request an accommodation. Additionally, the incumbent must provide a successful criminal background check with vulnerable sector search as well as be willing and able to commute to the CRBCL Head Office on a regular basis, which is located on Cowessess First Nation, SK.
We are a new organization leading positive change within Cowessess First Nation, Saskatchewan, and Canada as a whole. Our employees have the opportunity to be a part of Canadian history as we work to redefine governance for First Nations. Some key benefits Chief Red Bear Children’s Lodge offers are:
★ Competitive salary packages
★ Extended health & dental benefits
★ Employee & Family Assistance Program
★ Paid time ff
★ Flexible work hours
★ Team-oriented work culture
★ Training workshops focused on indigenous practices and traditions
★ Opportunity for occasional remote work
★ Professional development opportunities
★ Employer matched pension contributions
★ Earn scheduled days off (optional)
How to Apply
Visit our website at: https://redbearlodge.ca/careers/
Or email your application to: email@example.com
Deadline: September 14, 2023
We appreciate all those who apply; however, preference will be given to those who self-identify as Indigenous and provide confirmation upon request. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.