Annual Salary Range: $52,000+ (commensurate with education & experience)
Type: Permanent Full-Time
Details: Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 4:00pm
Location: Cowessess First Nation and Regina, SK
Who is Chief Red Bear Children’s Lodge?
Cowessess First Nation is the first Indigenous rights holder Nation to sign a coordination agreement in Canada. Cowessess First Nation asserted jurisdiction when it comes to child welfare and family services through the implementation of the Miyo Pimatisowin Act and respected by Canada through their Bill C-92 legislation. Chief Red Bear Children’s Lodge (CRBCL), which has jurisdiction from the Miyo Pimatisowin Act, changes the approach of child and family services by providing support in a way that is rooted in traditional Indigenous values and cultural practices. Rather than the common intervention approach, CRBCL provides empowerment through a prevention approach with healing and prevention as the preferred method for ensuring children and their families are safe and growing together in a healthy way.
CRBCL is seeking an Accounting & Payroll Administrator to join our growing Finance Team. This is an opportunity to showcase your attention to detail in a fast paced and expanding organization that fosters personal growth, both personally and professionally. The Accounting & Payroll Administrator will be responsible for assisting with both clerical and administrative tasks. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer and working closely with Human Resources, the Administrator will be primarily responsible for administering payroll and benefits for the organization, as well as assist with any financial documentation to be processed, such as accounts payables, accounts receivables, invoices and purchase orders.
The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, be tech savvy and have proficient knowledge of Microsoft office programs and payroll software. The Accounting & Payroll Administrator must be a problem solver and analytical thinker with the ability to establish positive working relationships and be willing to learn and embrace Indigenous culture and values.
Education and Experience
- Diploma in Business Administration with an emphasis on accounting is preferred.
- Certification in payroll is a definite asset.
- 3+ years relevant experience, or a comparable combination of relevant education and experience may be considered.
- Valid drivers license and reliable vehicle with the ability to commute.
Skills & Abilities
- Highly proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook and is comfortable with learning new software.
- Thorough knowledge of federal payroll and employment regulations.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking skills; able to make quick, but logical decisions.
- Effective time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work productively both individually and within a team environment.
- Exceptional skills for maintaining efficiency.
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain absolute confidentiality
- Ability to handle a high volume of work in a fast paced environment
- Strong knowledge of Benefits administration/reconciliations
- Positive attitude and a genuine passion for the Payroll & Benefit field
- Experience working with Payworks and Xero an asset
To protect the health and safety of our people, clients, and communities, we require all employees to be COVID-19 fully vaccinated. Individuals that cannot be fully vaccinated with a Health Canada approved vaccine due to medical reasons or another protected ground under Human Rights legislation may request an accommodation. Additionally, the incumbent must provide a successful criminal background check with vulnerable sector search as well as be willing and able to commute to the CRBCL Head Office on a regular basis, which is located on Cowessess First Nation, SK.
We are a new organization leading positive change within Cowessess First Nation, Saskatchewan, and Canada as a whole. Our employees have the opportunity to be a part of Canadian history as we work to redefine governance for First Nations. Some key benefits Chief Red Bear Children’s Lodge offers are:
★ Competitive salary packages
★ Extended health & dental benefits
★ Flexible work hours
★ Team-oriented work culture
★ Professional development opportunities
★ Employer matched pension contributions
★ Paid Time Off
★ Staff Self-Care Days
How to Apply
Visit our website at: https://redbearlodge.ca/careers/
Or email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: September 22, 2022
We appreciate all those who apply; however, preference will be given to those who self-identify as Indigenous and provide confirmation upon request. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.