Building the framework for a better future.
Change is on the horizon! Through the organization Chief Red Bear Children’s Lodge (the Lodge), Cowessess First Nation (CFN) is the first Indigenous community in Canada to assert its jurisdiction over child welfare and family services under the Bill-C92 Canada Act. The Lodge is currently developing its operations, in accordance with the Miyo Pimatisowin Act, that will provide support for its children
and families that is rooted in traditional Indigenous values and cultural practices.
Chief Red Bear Children’s Lodge offers competitive salary packages, benefits, team-oriented work culture, flexible work hours and professional development opportunities that promote growth within the organization.
As the Family Support Worker (FSW), you will be playing an important role by advocating for families to remain together. Assist when needed and ensure all duties and responsibilities are adhered to.
The Family Support Worker:
- Working closely with Cowessess families regarding their involvement with child protection services, liaise with courts, social workers across Canada, attend family case conferences, attend circles for families experiencing child protection related matters.
- Assist in changing children, for example (clothes, diapers. Shoes etc.), and other cleanliness duties.
- Organized with many competing deadlines and contacts to work with daily. Must understand or be willing to learn the internal workings of Cowessess on reserve as well as the needs and interests of Cowessess members across the country.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel and e-mail required.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Support services/ recommendations to children and their families.
- Participate in cultural planning for Cowessess children in care, make referrals for on and off reserve services.
- Plan, develop, implement, coordinate, and evaluate the delivery of Family.
- Provide leadership and clinical case management to the Family Support team.
- Provide specialized home and community-based support and prevention.
- Deliver programs that promote healthy lifestyles and relationships for youths.
- Assist in the coordination of community development and educational services.
- Lead and Kindness and the ability to bring people together for the best interests of children is the most important asset.
- Facilitation skills for meetings and circles.
- University or College degree or diploma in an associated field preferred- Social Services.
- Knowledge of the Saskatchewan Child and Family Services Act and the Federal Act (C92) are highly desired.
- Current CPR and First Aid Certificates approved by Licensing.
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License.
- Salary: $19.06/hr
- Hours: Permanent Full Time. Shift work.
- Location: Sacred Wolf Lodge, Working on Cowessess First Nation
- Application Deadline: August 20th, 2021
- How to apply: Email resumes to email@example.com
- Work Conditions
- Interacts with residents, inpatients, family members, staff, visitors, government agencies/personnel under all circumstances, which may be traumatic situations.
- Travel may be required.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
- Intermittent physical activity including walking, standing, sitting, lifting, and
Chief Red Bear Children’s Lodge offers competitive salary packages, an inspiring and team-oriented work culture, and an opportunity to be a part of a new and exciting initiative Canada wide. Questions or inquiries you can call Sammatha Hegyi at 1-306-552-6349 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Chief Red Bear Children’s Lodge appreciates those who apply; however, preference will be towards those who self-identify as indigenous ancestry